Hi friends! Today’s card is made using a new tool I recently added to my craft collection – the Sizzix silicone rubber and impressions pad, which allows you to emboss stencils! I was really excited to try this tool out. It opens the door to so many new crafting possibilities!
Using the Festive Fall Stencil from Echo Park Paper Co, I embossed white cardstock using the already-mentioned Sizzix embossing tools. I lightly sprayed the cardstock with water to get a prominent embossed image.
I then used the stencil normally, ink blending a variety of distress oxides and inks to create a rainbow of bright colour. I used the following oxides and inks:
– Saltwater Taffy
– Spiced Marmalade
– Mustard Seed
– Mowed Lawn
– Salty Ocean
– Wilted Violet
Now that I have ink blended and embossed using the same stencil, I trimmed both panels in a way where the ink-blended panel would align with the embossed panel when placed together – it is kind of like a puzzle! After trimming them, I arranged and attached the pieces to an A2 card base.
For the sentiment, I chose the “celebrate” sentiment from the Hello Bluebird Birthday Script Stamp set and fussy cut it using Fiskars 6” spring-assisted scissors. I then attached the sentiment to the card.
I love how this card turned out! You can never go wrong with a simple card!
Thanks for reading! Catch ya next time!
- Echo Park Paper Co Festive Fall Stencil
- Hello Bluebird Birthday Script Stamp Set
- Sizzix Embossing Tools – Silicone Rubber and Impressions Pad
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Spray Bottle with Water
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black premium ink pad
- Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide
- Mustard Seed Distress Oxide
- Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide
- Salty Ocean Distress Oxide
- Wilted Violet Distress Ink
- Blending Brushes
- Basic White Cardstock
- Stamp Press
- Fiskars Portable Paper Trimmer, 12”
- Bearly Art Glue
- Double Sided E-Z Runner Grand Adhesive Tape Dispenser
- Fiskars Titanium Micro-Tip Easy Action Scissors, 6”