This post contains affiliate links that are of no extra cost to you. Using my affiliate links simply helps me to keep doing what I love – thank you!
Hello friends, and happy Sunday!
Today’s card is a fun and experimental one using the Halloween 2023 Tim Holtz Idea-ology collection! This was my first time playing around with the Idea-ology line, and it most certainly won’t be my last – I already have plans for more cards!
I first took a layer from the Layers and Paperdolls pack and heavily distressed it. I scraped the edges, scratched it, tore it a little, and dug into it with a pair of scissors – I had a lot of fun destroying everything to make this card! I also added Black Soot Distress Oxide and Black Opaque Texture Paste.
To complement the heavy distressing of this first piece, I did the same to the layers of cardstock that went behind.
Once I was done distressing everything, I started to put it all together. I used a paperdoll from the same set, along with some ephemera. I used the Halloween 2023 sticker book (and a sign from the baseboards and transparencies set) to create a story. Everything was adhered using Bearly Art Glue.
Thanks for reading. Catch ya next time!
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween 2023 Baseboards and Transparencies
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween 2023 Layers and Paperdolls
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween 2023 Ephemera
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween 2023 Sticker Book
- Black Soot Distress Oxide
- Black Opaque Texture Paste
- Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- Ground Espresso Distress Ink
- Bearly Art Glue