Hello friends! For Today’s card, I decided to have some fun with a die set I have not played around with yet since getting – and that’s the Lawn Fawn Embroidery Hoops! I was a little intimidated at first (as I have never tried out embroidery before) so I decided to use them in a way that does not involve stitching!
After die-cutting all the elements I needed for the embroidery hoops I used Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide and Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso Inks to give the hoops a more wood-like appearance.
Once the hoops were all glued together, I used the following Ohuhu alcohol markers to colour the mice from the Lawn Fawn Sew Very Mice Stamp Set:
- Greys: CGII00, CG2, CGII04
- Pinks: R22, R23
- Yellows: Y1, Y2, Y3
- Greens: GY2, GY3, GY4
- Browns:Y9, Y11, BR1
To create the background, I used the inner part of the embroidery hoop as a stencil. I used Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, and Twisted Citron to match the bright colours of the dress and embroidery projects the mice are working on.
Thanks for reading. Catch ya next time!
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Anything Goes
- Lawn Fawn Sew Very Mice Stamp Set and Lawn Cuts
- Lawn Fawn Embroidery Hoop Lawn Cuts
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Premium Ink Pad
- Ohuhu Alcohol Markers
- Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide
- Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide
- Twisted Citron Distress Oxide
- Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- Ground Espresso Distress Ink
- Silver Foil Cardstock Recollections