Hi friends! For today’s card, I am trying something new… creating a one layered card using masking! I’ve always been a little intimidated by masking but decided to give it a shot and let’s just say it won’t be my last time doing it!
After having stamped my images from the Love Bugs stamp set from Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps, I used Squeezed Lemon, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade to create a glowing sunset using the Scene Maker stencil and mask from Simon Hurley Create.
Once I had created a sunset, I used the following Ohuhu alcohol markers to create a scene for the bugs:
Lady Bugs: NG06, CG070, CG050, R8, R2, R1
Flower: E310, Y12, E170, Y2, Y1, Y3, GY42, G240
Hills: GY173, GY6, G220, G240, GY42, G7, GG020
Sky: B220, B260, B120, Y030, YR030
After colouring, I stamped a sentiment from the Love Bugs stamp set onto the sun. To complete the card, I used tape runner to attach the finished card to a larger panel of black cardstock and then to an A2 card base.
Thanks for reading. Catch ya next time!
Kraftin’ Kimmies Saturday Challenge
- Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps Love Bugs Stamp Set
- Ohuhu Alcohol Markers
- Distress Oxide
- Blending Brushes
- Hammermill Premium Colour Copy 100 lb cardstock
- Astrobright Black Cardstock
- Fiskars 12” Portable Trimmer
- Fiskars 6” Spring Assisted Scissors
- Stamp Press
- Lawn Fawn Lawn Fawn Jet Black Premium Ink Pad
- Double Sided E-Z Runner Grand Adhesive Tape Dispenser