Hi friends! For this card, I decided to do some experimentation with bubble wrap! I can be pretty frugal, and I like to use things to their fullest potential, so when I found some bubble wrap while cleaning out a drawer, I knew I wanted to try stamping with it!
Using Mustard Seed, Salty Ocean, and Candied Apple Distress Oxides, I rubbed some ink on the bubble wrap and stamped it onto white cardstock. Then using the Mini Bird Crazy & Things stamp set from Stampers Anonymous and Tim Holtz, I stamped three of the birds and used the following Ohuhu alcohol markers to colour them:
Yellow Bird: Y1, Y2, Y3
Blue Bird: PB7, PB8, PB9
Red Bird: R1, R2, R12
I love the birds from this stamp set – they go nicely with the fun and exciting texture of the stamped bubble wrap.
For the sentiment, I used the Sizzix Good Vibes #3 stamp set designed by Pete Hughes and stamped it using Spectrum Noir Finesse Noir Black Ink.
After cutting out the images and sentiment, I attached everything to an A7 card. I used foam squares to elevate the birds.
I had a lot of fun experimenting with a different kind of material for this card and playing with the colours and layout! I am definitely going to be experimenting with more textures and materials in the near future!
Thanks for reading. Catch ya next time!
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – No Patterned Paper
Critter Crazy Challenges – Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin’ – Animals
- Stampers Anonymous Mini Bird Crazy & Things by Tim Holtz
- Sizzix Good vibes #3 Stamp Set by Pete Hughes
- Bubble Wrap
- Mustard Seed Distress Oxide
- Salty Ocean Distress Oxide
- Candied Apple Distress Oxide
- Ohuhu Alcohol Markers
- Basic White Cardstock
- Spectrum Noir Finesse Noir Black Ink
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Premium Ink Pad
- Stamp Press
- Foam Squares
- Double Sided E-Z Runner Grand Adhesive Tape Dispenser
- Bearly Art Glue
- Fiskars Titanium Micro-Tip Easy Action Scissors, 6”
- Fiskars Portable Paper Trimmer, 12”